👋 Welcome to Trivy Documentation! To help you get around, please notice the different sections at the top global menu:
- You are currently in the Getting Started section where you can find general information and help with first steps.
- In the Tutorials section you can find step-by-step guides that help you accomplish specific tasks.
- In the Docs section you can find the complete reference documentation for all of the different features and settings that Trivy has to offer.
- In the Ecosystem section you can find how Trivy works together with other tools and applications that you might already use.
- In the Contributing section you can find technical developer documentation and contribution guidelines.
Trivy (pronunciation) is a comprehensive and versatile security scanner. Trivy has scanners that look for security issues, and targets where it can find those issues.
Targets (what Trivy can scan):
- Container Image
- Git Repository (remote)
- Virtual Machine Image
Scanners (what Trivy can find there):
- OS packages and software dependencies in use (SBOM)
- Known vulnerabilities (CVEs)
- IaC issues and misconfigurations
- Sensitive information and secrets
- Software licenses
Trivy supports most popular programming languages, operating systems, and platforms. For a complete list, see the Scanning Coverage page.
Trivy is available in most common distribution channels. The complete list of installation options is available in the Installation page. Here are a few popular examples:
brew install trivy
docker run aquasec/trivy
- Download binary from https://github.com/aquasecurity/trivy/releases/latest/
- See Installation for more
Trivy is integrated with many popular platforms and applications. The complete list of integrations is available in the Ecosystem page. Here are a few popular options examples:
trivy <target> [--scanners <scanner1,scanner2>] <subject>
trivy image python:3.4-alpine
trivy fs --scanners vuln,secret,misconfig myproject/
trivy k8s --report summary cluster
Want more? Check out Aqua
If you liked Trivy, you will love Aqua which builds on top of Trivy to provide even more enhanced capabilities for a complete security management offering.
You can find a high level comparison table specific to Trivy users here.
In addition check out the https://aquasec.com website for more information about our products and services. If you'd like to contact Aqua or request a demo, please use this form: https://www.aquasec.com/demo